Skincare Tips for Men
We can’t tell you how many times we’ve heard a friend gush about a new guy saying, “And he uses moisturizer.” There is nothing more attractive than a person who takes care of themselves. But skincare can be daunting, especially for men. Historically, society has implied that skincare is for women. We here at Mint & Needle want to let you in on a secret that really shouldn’t be a secret at all: skincare is for everyone. So if you’re looking to amp up your skincare game (or to just enter the field for the first time), we have a few simple tips to help you out.
Keep your skincare minimalistic
Contrary to popular belief (or what you see on your partner’s bathroom shelves), your skincare routine does not have to be complicated, or even involve more than two bottles! Sure, you can have more, but the bottom line is that something is definitely better than nothing.
Your minimalist skincare routine should be:
- Cleanse with our Age Defense Cleanser to slough off dry, aging skin by gently exfoliating and revealing a bright, clear complexion.
- Follow your cleansing with our Peptide C&E Growth Factor, which is loaded with antioxidants, peptides, and human growth factors to combat against all signs of aging.
- Finish off by applying our Oil-Free UV Defense SPF 45 to restore youthfulness to your skin while also protecting it from sun damage.
Follow these 3 simple steps morning and night, and that’s not too hard, right?
While you can always add more items to your routine, if you stick to a routine of washing and moisturizing twice a day, your skin (and love interest) will thank you.
Get your Zoom face ready with Brotox
In case you haven’t heard, Brotox is a growing trend that refers to Botox for men. It’s not different at all from regular Botox; it’s just fun to say. Botox has become the most requested cosmetic procedure for men, and we have a theory about why. Could it possibly be because we’ve been staring back at ourselves on Zoom for almost two years straight? Noticing that we might have (gasp!) wrinkles? Maybe. But regardless of the reason, more and more men are getting Botox, and they are beginning to be more open about it, too. (Woo! Skincare for everyone!)
One specific treatment that you might be interested in is Anti-Wrinkle Injections, which use Botox in a specific way. Anti-Wrinkle Injections are used to relax muscles, giving you a refreshed look while preventing and improving fine lines. You can learn the difference between Anti-Wrinkle Injections and Fillers in another blog here.
Whether you want to buff out some of those fine lines for yourself, your loved ones, your Zoom colleagues, or for when you can shed your mask and get people thinking “Did he get younger during this pandemic?”, then Brotox is totally for you. And if you don’t think you need it, then talk to your partner. They might think otherwise.
You can schedule an appointment for Anti-Wrinkle Injections here.
Feel more confident with improved hair growth
Although hair thinning and hair loss is a problem that is very common among men, it still deeply impacts confidence. Of course, hair transplants are an option that typically yield long term results, but they are usually very expensive. If you’re looking for some cheaper options you could try these:
- Scalp massage: This increases blood flow to your scalp and may help with hair growth. Besides, who doesn’t love a good massage?
- Minoxidil (Rogaine): You can pick this product up at your local drug store, and it has been shown to help improve hair growth in relation to male pattern baldness.
- Special shampoos: Volume-boosting shampoos can camouflage thinning, while (good) anti-thinning shampoos will contain growth-stimulating vitamins. Specifically, Ketoconazole shampoo has been shown to improve hair growth and reduce hair loss.
- Vitamin supplements: Folic acid is a type of B vitamin, known for its role in cell generation. We highly recommend checking out the brand Nutrafol. You can take their quiz to find out which supplements are best to take for your hair here.
If you’re looking to invest a little more, we have a couple specialized options for you:
- Mint & Needle’s Hair Serum is formulated with proteins that improve hair follicle anchoring, which increases hair density and provides a fuller, thicker, and healthier head of hair. This powerful serum is clinically proven to reduce the production of DHT (an androgen hormone that can contribute to hair loss).
- Mint & Needle’s Hair Loss Prevention and PRF is an injectable treatment. Once platelets are applied and injected to your skin, these growth factors signal for cell growth and collagen synthesis that is necessary for healing. For maximum results, we recommend repeating this treatment once a month for the first four months, and from there on, just coming in once every six months.
If you’re experiencing hair thinning or loss, and you find it impacting your confidence, then try out these methods. If you’re unsure about which option is right for you, then book a consultation with us and our Mint & Needle medical team will join you in your hair confidence journey.
We seriously can’t say it enough: skincare is for everyone. Whether you’re just starting out on your skincare journey, or are looking to up your game, we hope you found this helpful. And remember, nothing is more attractive than a person who takes care of themselves!