Lip Fillers have been around for quite some time now, and they keep growing more popular as time goes on. Everyone is talking about them… Celebrities, influencers, your friends, colleagues, and so on. (And for good reason!)
And to get the best experience out of this enhancement procedure, it’s key to know the ins and outs. If you have Lip Filler questions, we have the answers. In this blog, you’ll find inside knowledge from the professionals at Mint & Needle and learn everything you’ve always wanted to know about Lip Fillers. Are you ready?
Spoiler alert: We will be mentioning Lip Filler(s) a lot, but we promise it is worth the read.
What are fillers, and what are they made of?
Ah yes, Minted Beauty, you are always asking the right questions. Lip Fillers are one of the most popular areas to inject dermal filler. Lip Fillers are a cosmetic procedure that gives your lips a fuller, plumper, juicier look. This procedure is achieved through injections made of hyaluronic acid — a natural substance that lives in your body.
Are there different types of lip enhancement procedures?
The main difference is that the Lip Flip procedure is perfect for people who don’t want their lips to disappear when they smile, a short-term (1-3 months), non-invasive procedure to have fuller-looking lips. On the other hand, Lip Fillers are perfect for people who want a longer-lasting procedure (10-12 months) to increase the volume of their lips.
If you would like to learn more about the Lip Flip and Lip Filler procedures, this blog may help answer some questions.
How do I prepare for my Lip Filler appointment?
Hooray, you booked your first Lip Filler appointment! But, now what?
First of all, we want you to know that you are not the first to feel nervous about getting Lip Fillers. After all, it may be something new to you. If this is your first time getting Lip Fillers, you may not know how to prepare or what to expect from your appointment. But we’ve got you!
Here are a few things we recommend you to do prior, during, and after your appointment:
- Clear up your calendar from major events. We recommend you cancel or reschedule any dental work at least two weeks before or after your appointment.
- Show up with a clean makeup-free face on the day of your appointment.
- Avoid blood thinners such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve for the following two weeks.
- Don’t plan any important events for two weeks post Lip Fillers, as you may have swelling and bruising.
- Do not do any hair removal on the area that is going to be treated. This means no waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or using hair removal cream on your upper lip.
What will happen during my appointment?
Here’s what you can expect during your Lip Filler appointment:
- The total procedure takes around 30-45 minutes total.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. This will give us time to take a “before” picture of your lips, clean the lip area, and apply a topical numbing cream or dental block.
What can I expect in the days following my Lip Filler appointment?
As you can see, the best results are noticeable after two weeks of getting fillers, but the days leading up to that two-week mark are important. Here are a few recommendations from our Mint & Needle medical team — plus a few things you should keep in mind:
- Ice the lip area and take an antihistamine like Claritin with Pepcid over the counter.
- You may have a small bump around the injection site — don’t rub this. Avoid itching or massaging around the injection site altogether.
- Until the swelling and redness resolve, avoid intense heat to the lip area, such as sunbathing, tanning, saunas, or hot wax.
- Avoid straws for two weeks to limit the lip pursing movement.
But we have much more to say in this article, so why don't you give it a quick read? It's good lip knowledge!
What are the top 5 benefits of Lip Fillers?
Our favorite part! Here are our top beautiful benefits to receiving Lip Fillers:
- Enhanced appearance
- Natural fullness of the lip area
- Gradual progression
- Little to no side-effects
- Fast recovery time
Getting any Enhance-Mint service for the first time can be nerve-racking. But the best way to prepare is to educate yourself. After reading this blog, we hope you feel confident in your Lip Filler knowledge and are one step closer to booking that appointment. (Your lips will thank you!)
When you book your appointment with Mint & Needle, you can be sure that our highly trained team will be with you every step of the way. We always encourage our Minted Beauties to ask as many questions as they have: our main goal is your satisfaction and comfort.
Psst! Are you still here? Remember how we told you we would mention the word Lip Fillers a lot? Well, if you didn't keep count, we did! (Word count: 33 for Lip(s) and 24 for Filler(s).)